The health and safety of the public and our workers is a priority for the Commonwealth and this agency. Commonwealth and Capitol Complex offices are operating with limited, remote staffing for the foreseeable future. If you need to reach us during this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 717-783-5417.
Our next public meeting will be held on October 15th. In accordance with Commonwealth and Centers for Disease Control recommendations on meetings and gatherings, attendance will be limited to 25 people including IRRC staff and agency attendees. Masks or face coverings will be required and we strongly encourage anyone interested in providing comments on agenda items to do so in writing rather than attending in person.
Please monitor our website for updates.
Individuals or groups may wish to express a position at Commission meetings, either supporting or opposing the regulations on the agenda. The Commissioners welcome your perspective in determining whether to approve or disapprove a regulation. We encourage everyone to adhere to the guidelines found at the bottom of this page.
Please be sure to also review the meeting frequently asked questions.
|Date||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes||Meeting Videos|
|Friday, January 31, 2020|
|Thursday, February 20, 2020|
|Cancelled||Thursday, March 19, 2020|
|Cancelled||Thursday, April 16, 2020|
|Cancelled||Thursday, May 21, 2020|
|Cancelled||Wednesday, June 03, 2020|
|Thursday, June 18, 2020|
|Thursday, July 16, 2020|
|Cancelled||Thursday, August 20, 2020|
|Thursday, September 17, 2020|
|Thursday, October 15, 2020|
|Thursday, November 19, 2020|
|Thursday, December 03, 2020|
*This schedule is tentative and subject to change
You can view meeting agendas and minutes for previous years by selecting a year from the select box below.
- Participation Guidelines for IRRC meetings
- FAQs Regarding Public Meetings
We request that any party wishing to express a position on a regulation adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please limit your remarks to five minutes. You may supplement your remarks with written comments.
- Please provide a copy of any statement that you are making for our records.
- Select a single spokesperson from your group or organization to address the Commission in the five minutes allotted to your group.
- Summarize your main points and present any other new and relevant information. Please keep in mind that comments that were previously submitted to either the agency or the Commission have already been reviewed.
- The use of recording devices is permitted so long as they do not disrupt the meeting or interfere with participation in or observation of the meeting by other attendees.
- The use of video recording devices is limited to the rear of the meeting room unless another area is designated.
- If you intend to use a recording device, please note this on the sign-in sheet prior to the start of the meeting.
- Do I need to register to speak at a Commission public meeting?
- It is not required that members of the public register to speak at a Commission public meeting. However, it is recommended that you contact our office to indicate your intent to speak.
- What happens after the Commission approves a final-form regulation?
- The Commission will issue an order notifying the promulgating agency, the standing committees and the Legislative Reference Bureau of its approval. In most circumstances, the promulgating agency will then submit the approved regulation to the Office of the Attorney General for legal review. After the Attorney General approves the regulation, the agency will submit it to the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin. The regulation becomes effective on the date it is published or on another date specified by the promulgating agency in the regulation or the rulemaking order.
For more frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQ page.